Dangerous Business
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Dangerous Business

+8
Sarah Connor
Bridget McEvans
Chloe Fraser
Raylan Givens
Jade
Rubi Malone
Richard Alpert
Elena Fisher
12 posters

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty What next?

Post  Rubi Malone Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Rubi looked at Bridget for a while. She had wanted to go on a walk with her, she just noticed and narrowed her eyes a little, over her own thoughts.
She was pretty. Very, in fact. Kinda like Rubi, just in blond. Tough, strong, independent, self-sufficient.
Without her noticing it, Rubi kinda smiled amorous at the blond woman, before she caught herself and shook her head a little.
"So ... what's gonna happen next?" she asked to break the awkward silence. I hope nobody noticed ... fuck.
"I don't know ... " Elena said after a moment, pouring herself more coffee. She drank it black. Rubi pulled a face over that.
"They're gonna ... try to kill every last one of the zombies, then try to cleanse everything, evacuate people, stuff like that ... "
"Like humanity always does. That's how they do it," Richard nodded, watching Raylan eat his breakfast absently.
"What do you mean?" Miles asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest.
"Well, despite the fact that Carla had some truth in what she said, we still do try to help people, right?"
Elena nodded absently, everybody else remained quiet.
"I don't know," Raylan commented between two bites and a sip of, as Rubi, too, noticed, black! coffee. "When I was still a cop I've seen quite a few things I wish I hadn't. But ... on the other hand, maybe it's not as rotten a planet as we think it is, after all." His sentence was followed by yet another moment of silence, only interrupted by him eating and drinking.
"Oh well," Rubi shrugged. "As long as I get some beer some time soon ... "
"But you're right. What next?" Bridget joined the conversation.
Rubi shrugged. "Go home, drink, shoot targets, sleep in, wait for contracts, make money, maybe open another tattoo shop. I don't know. I just hope we don't find ourselves in yet another parallel universe ... so far it doesn't seem to be happening ... " subconsciously she clang to the bench she was sitting on however.
Elena started to chuckle, then Richard and Raylans, Bridget and Rubi just grinned. Eventually at each other.
Rubi Malone
Rubi Malone

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Stuff like that ...

Post  Isabela Rivain Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 pm

"Morning, darlings!" Isabela chirped in cheerfully.
"Somebody is in a good mood," Richard commented smiling.
"Well, that depends whether or not there's any breakfast and coffee left," the soldier stated, roaming the little kitchen, looking for food and caffeine. Elena nice as ever, handed her a cup of coffee, she sweetened with sugar and milk. Rubi smiled.
"Is there some more of that?" Isabela asked, pointing at Raylan's almost empty plate. He nodded, chewing on a bite, pointing somewhere in the kitchen.
Isabela sniffed the air jokingly and followed the trail. And indeed, there was some more bacon and yummy eggs. Without hesitation she took it all, flopped down on her butt, on the bench next to Rubi, and began eating as she was starving. Which .. she probably was, considering she slept most of the last day and they all have had more than a rough week.
"Have you heard any news yet, Isabela?" Elena asked interested, hoping the soldier would be better informed about what was going to happen next, than they were.
Isabela shrugged and swallowed a piece of bacon before answering. "They're gonna ... try to kill every last one of the zombies, then try to cleanse everything, evacuate people, stuff like that I guess."
Elena, Richard, Raylan, Bridget and Rubi all looked at each other, grinned and shook their heads.
Isabela Rivain
Isabela Rivain

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty The something that's connecting everything

Post  Bridget McEvans Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm

"Guys," Bridget started and gained some attention at the dining table. "I've been thinking..."
"Really?" Rubi interrupted and the blonde woman punched the killer tatooist with her elbow. "Ouch!"
"You know.... we've been talking about that before. We should try to find that one... specific thing that connects everything. This world, the other world and all the possible other worlds we might be living in or have lived in."
Silence spread again as almost all the soldiers and workers had left the canteene already to head back to work which was certainly not less than before after what news Piers and Isabela had to bring to the HQ.
"I've also been wondering," Elena somewhat agreed and turned around the spoon in her cup of coffee she had emptied already, while Isabela was the only one who was still having her lunch. "But how? How are we going to find out what it is we need to find? How do we look for something that may not even exist?"
Isabela swallowed the last piece of bread she had been chewing on for as long as Bridget started the new conversation. "I think you guys shouldn't look for anything."
Everyone looked up to the soldier and Bridget crossed her arms. How would she know? Why does she even interrupt us? It's not like she knows what's going on. Or does she?
"Come again?" Rubi responded and bent over the table as if she acousticly didn't understand what Isabela said.
"I think... that thing - that something - you're looking for... it will come to you. You don't have to seek it."
Bridget McEvans
Bridget McEvans

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty seems we're a team again

Post  Miles Matheson Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 pm

He was whistling in the hallway after having gone to the bathroom for a little while, when he came back to the canteen, it was much more empty but the friends still sat at the table. "So, something happened?" he said with a faint smile, when everyone stared vaguely at the male. "Nah, Just some little realisation points... that's all." Elena said with a sleepy head. "We might, you know, want to find out the connection between these worlds," Bridget hissed and it almost seemed as if she didn't want him to mind the business, or was it the case after all, since her eyes flickered with a sign of annoyance afterwards. "Fine, I will just mind my own business then..." and Miles sat down at the table. "It's not that!" Richard then answered and Miles saw the woman with the eye patch glancing at Richard. "We just, want..." and he saw Richard awkwardly looking over to Bridget, "to- uuhm, find it out ourselves!" he said with the worst acting skills Miles ever saw. Elena made a small face palm and Rubi grunted. "Well, it is something we should help with right?" Isabela said whilst placing her knife and fork on her empty plate. "I mean, we would love to help, right?" and she looked over to an annoyed Miles. "Yeh, sure. if THEY want us to help though..." and the group now glanced at each other, not knowing if they should answer it with yes, or no. Miles could feel the stare of Raylan whom looked very trustful at him and the former marshal then nodded. "I think we could use a little help, after all we gave you some." Bridget almost seemed to smash her head in on the table, Rubi grunted louder and Richard just frowned wile Elena opened her mouth. "what!?" Raylan said, "Why are you all so against it!?" "Well it's our personal problem, maybe we should... ah whatever." Bridget said annoyed while she stood up and was ready to leave. "Seems we're back as a team then." Miles grinned and he hoped he would never be left out again.
Miles Matheson
Miles Matheson

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Storytelling

Post  Piers Nivans Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 pm

"And then what happened?" asked George as he was handing Piers a cup of coffee he had just made him at the table they had in their room in the barracks. Piers grabbed the coffee and nodded, smiling lightly.
"We were looking for her in the entire airport and around. The other BSAA comrads were helping us, they formed little squads and sent them into the area around the airport and all." Piers finally sat down in the easy pose on his bed after having visited his friend for at least 15 minutes now. He watched every step of his best friend closely as he was wandering through the room, listening to what the captain had to tell him. He smiled at every little detail and he seemed to remember every word that Piers said.
"So that one team at the gates was looking for her in the big hall right? Together with Isabela and that Rubi girl!" George summarized, his big blue eyes still focused on his friend who had by now taken his first sip of hot coffee.
"That's right. So we were looking for her literally everywhere; at one moment I could even see Richard bend down to check if she was under the benches" Piers explained, grinning a bit as George had sat down on the desk across the room to have a good look at the story teller.
"So what.... did you find her at the airport? And how did you meet the other woman?" George's legs and feet dangled in the air and he looked like a little kid listening to their nursery teacher in kindergarden.
"Elena?" asked Piers. "We met her later on in her flat back in the city. That was after we had captured Carla alive. And yes, indeed, we found her at the airport..."
Piers Nivans
Piers Nivans

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty On a quest for a mastermind

Post  Richard Alpert Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 am

"Bridget sit down, and clam down." Raylan demanded to the woman, whom still was slightly annoyed. "And since when are you in command of me?" she hissed back, even more ready to leave. "Please, Bridget..." Richard stood up and grabbed her arm. "Don't be like this, if we want to get back in our dimension, or universe-" Richard stopped and gulped. "Or whatever..." he sighed, "we must come with a solution and running away isn't the problem." Bridget still looked angry, now drilling Richard's eyes out with this stare. She ripped her arm out of Richard's hand and suddenly she laughed and hugged the former taxi driver whom was completely off guard with the rest of the group. "Are- are you okay?" Richard said patting her back while she then released the grab, with the last chuckle. "you should have seen your face!" and she snorted, sitting down in the process. Richard also sat down with a frown on his face watching the woman now with the biggest smile of them all. "Alright, so how do you guys think we should do this?" and she placed her head on her arms. "Well, we could, you know find someone whom is specialized in this kind of thing?" Elena suggested and took a sip of her new coffee. "Yes but who!?" Rubi grunted again and Raylan slammed his coffee cup back on the table. "Would you stop that!?" Rubi grunted again for fun in Raylan's face and he made a reflex towards her which looked like he was about to hit her. Rubi dodges and stuck out her tongue but then the former marshal's fingers just touched her face and made a small scratch on it. "Hey! That was not nice..." she said while rubbing her nose. "You asked for it..." Raylan said grumpy. "So where were we?" he then asked looking over. "Well, we need to find out whom here knows about these universe stuff..." Richard answered. "I know one," Miles answered. "he might be a mastermind but his... yeh well mind can be weird too." he answered looking over to the group. "He lives in Chicago, near The Hound Pits pub. A place I got drunk many times!" he added with a smile when everybody looked awkwardly towards him. "And whom is this person we are looking for?" Richard asked and the group stared at Miles, curious. "Piero Joplin." he answered getting a small gasp back from Isabela. "That lunatic!? Helping us!?" she answered probably knowing of is existence. "Well, you know he's a brilliant mind then, Isabela." and she nodded in return. "He made all kinds of useful stuff for our weapon merchandises." she answered. "Hold on," Raylan then said. "I knew this name came familiar," and then everybody looked over to him. "Well, since his name was all over those papers I had to go through all day at the old office..." he answered. "Well, okay..." Miles then said. "He also knows other things, maybe this too. Might be worth a shot don't you think?" and the rest nodded. "Seems we've got a trail." Richard answered, wondering who this man could be.
Richard Alpert
Richard Alpert
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Piero

Post  Elena Fisher Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:24 pm

"So where do we find that Piero guy? What does he do? Where does he live? Whois he?" Elena asked, everyone staring at her, a part of the group standing, the other one sitting down again.
"He's an engeneer," Isabela started and scratched the back of her head after having sat down, crossing her legs and laying her elbows on the backrest of the bench. "Most of the time... He's somewhat a genius mastermind, producing all sorts of medicine, weaponry and engines."
"As far as I can recall he was recently in the newspapers with that one break through in atmospheric physics hence my assumption of paying him a visit" explained Miles as he brought his empty plate back to the canteen's counter.
"And you think he knows something about what's going on here?" the reporter continued asking, following Miles and trying to snatch a look of his face as he turned around all the time.
"Lady," said Miles and finally faced Elena behind him. "I have absolutely no clue if anyone in this world knows what's going on with you folks, but if anyone does, it's Piero."
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Admin

https://dangerousbusiness.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty And of we go to MMMMPPIEEROOOO!!!!

Post  Raylan Givens Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:54 pm

As They all left the canteen, they probably should and inform Piers, Isabela volunteered and she already went outside to go back to the man's dormitory. Raylan sighed, "Is there maybe a hat shop nearby?" he asked Miles, whom now looked quite weird towards the former marshal. "What?" The rest of the group chuckled as Raylan smiled as well. "I had this Stetson hat," he said while rubbing his head and looked quite confused. "It was a silver belly," Miles frowned and Raylan saw he was figuring out whether he spoke the truth or not. "Well... maybe you'll find one in Chicago?" the former Sergeant said with the frown still on his face. "Thanks, I kinda miss it..." the former marshal admitted. "We miss it too, Raylan." Richard admit and they all went outside to look for two suitable cars. "Well, we need two cars. Come on admit it!" Richard said, whilst only finding cards four maybe five people fit in. "We can use this little bus?" Bridget said pointing over to a small package bus which had at least ten seats. "I am not allowed to drive in that." Richard said disappointed. "Well, drivers licence aren't really necessary now, I guess..." Elena said. "It's still a damn mess after all." and Richard happily agreed, already taking his seat behind the wheel. "We should wait till Piers and Isabela come back though..." Raylan suggested. The rest agreed, but Richard just got excited and shouted; "WE'RE OFF TO MMMPIEROOOOO!!"
Raylan Givens
Raylan Givens

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Desicions

Post  Isabela Rivain Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:58 pm

It didn't take her long to find her friend. He was just where he had said he would be and where Isabela would have looked first with or without that knowledge anyways.
She knocked politely on the door and waited for Pier's friend George to open it. "Oh, it's you. You looking for Piers, I take it?" he grinned a little silly, obviously still remembering having seen Isabela and Piers together that night before they had been sent out and informed about the Virus.
To Isabela it seemed like that had happened another lifetime ago ...
She looked down for a second, then back up, blushing a little and frowning at George. "Yes, Piers, please. You're not really my type, shortie," she poked his nose cutely and winked exaggerated. George blinked confused, then his face got a lightly disappointed expression and he called for Piers. His friend was already right behind him, thanking George and excusing himself.
Once outside with Isabela, they walked a little before the female soldier started explaining. She told him everything she knew about their new friends and their ... time travel, universe, thingy ... problem, as best as she could. Then she told him that they would need help and were planning to go see Piero. Piers lifted an eyebrow over that, obviously having heard of that nutcase before, too, but remained silent and listened, only nodding ever so often to reassure his friend that he was listening.
"Well, maybe we should go and help them? You could come with. And it would help you sort out your thoughts, clear your mind and not think about the recent events too much. But whatever you decide, I am fine with it and respect your decision," Isabela finally ended the whole little speech and had also stopped walking. She had stopped and looked at Piers expectantly.
Isabela Rivain
Isabela Rivain

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Waiting

Post  Rubi Malone Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:04 am

"After you, sweetheart."
"Wow ... who are you, and what did you do to our Rubi?!" Bridget joked as Rubi had pulled one of the slide able doors open for her to step into the little bus first.
The black haired killer shrugged.
"Well, it's the first time I see manners ... from you ... there's hope!" the blond joked again, grinning sadistic at her friend who just rolled her eyes. "Oh, get in already! So we get the comfy seats first!"
"Hey! I wanna sit next to Richard, just so that that's clear!" Elena exclaimed, getting in after her taxi driver boyfriend who smiled at her.
"Oh no worries, I am not into slimy taxi drivers ... " Rubi commented, getting in after Bridget and admiring her firm butt for the few seconds she could.
"Nothing slimy about me at all, you! Alcoholic!"
Rubi grinned, not even trying to defend herself. After all, truth is truth. Bridget shook her head smiling.
Miles got in after them, trying to get a seat by the window. "I get sick during long drives, if I can't look out the window."
"Then make sure you ain't sitting next to me ... " Rubi made a disgusted face, thinking about having the mercenary barf all over her. She shuddered and sat down, Bridget pat her shoulder sympathetically. Raylan just chuckled, shook his head and smiled and got in last, after Milles, sitting down next to him.
"Wonder if Piers is gonna come along after everything," Elena pondered, looking out the window of the bus.
And so they waited, hoping it would be quick before Rubi would try singing country again as she had tried before in their several car rides ....
Rubi Malone
Rubi Malone

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Consider that a no

Post  Piers Nivans Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Piers had enjoyed the little walk with Isabela and for as long as they were walking back to the entrance gate, he wanted to confront her with what had happened before all the mess had started. Now that he had sorted out his thoughts about Chris, then about Carla while having talked to George, he had only one problem left: His kind-of-relationship with Isabela.
But she had kept on talking and talking and talking and everytime he had taken a breath in order to express a proper response, she had just continued.
After having explained what the others were up to and asking him if he would've liked to join he finally got his chance to talk to her. "You know," he started. "I wanted to say a lot of things for the past five minutes but you didn't exactly make it easy to do so." Isabela shrugged and rolled her eyes, smiling lightly.
"You could've interrupted me" the soldier responded and crossed her arms, widening the footprint in the ground beneath them.
"I'm not the type to interrupt people," Piers answered, turning around and pointing towads his and George's shack. "unlike someone else around here."
"Oh come on, I think you have more important things to do than talking to Senpai has noticed me George" said Isabela and as Piers didn't say anything for a few seconds she kept talking just like before. "So are you coming or what?"
"I don't think it's any of our business" said Piers. "We're BSAA soldiers and we're responsible for this mess to be stopped. The virus is spreading across the states as we speak and-"
"And yet you waste your time talking to George while you could be shooting zombies in the head" interrupted the female BSAA member.
He gulped and averted his eyes, looking at Isabela's feet unintentionally drawing little patterns into the dirt. Piers sighed loudly and walked right past his comrad, headed back to the main building of the site.
"Shall I consider that a no?" Isabela called after him as he left her standing in the park but he didn't give her an answer.
Piers Nivans
Piers Nivans

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Waiting...

Post  Miles Matheson Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Still waiting for their two companions, the group sat in the little bus just waiting. "Pff, When will they come?" Elena let out a small sigh. Richard was playing with the radio, trying to find a good channel and Rubi was just sitting there with her eyes closed. Bridget however was staring out of the window, with a rather very bored look on her face and Raylan, well Raylan was just sitting and staring forward. Just staring, while Miles' eyes just went around the bus, he was about to look outside too, when suddenly a loud beep came through the speakers of the bus. "Aaaah!!!! SHUT IT OFF!!!!!" Rubi yelled while smashing the radio with one of her pistols. The beep continued and Rubi became pretty annoyed. "What channel is this!? it's really bad!" she continued, probably not noticing it was a bad frequency. Everyone in the car was holding his of her ears, trying to mute the sound. "VOLUME KNOB!" Elena yelled. "VOLUME!!" and Richard turned the knob, silence returned. "Oh, my... GOD!" Rubi yelled out loud. "I was JUST about to fall asleep!!" Richard apologized and they turned back to what they were doing, except for Richard who was now tapping his fingers on the steer. The two still hadn't returned, and everyone grew impatient. Rubi soon fell asleep and the rest was sinking into the same situation as well. "I am going to look for them," Miles suddenly said. "I'm sick of waiting." and he stepped out. walking towards the barracks. "Someone's got a short temper..." Richard said still drumming with his fingertips. And the group looked at Miles whom got further away by every second. "Pff, rather him than me..." Rubi said and closed her eyes again.
Miles Matheson
Miles Matheson

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Joining in after all

Post  Piers Nivans Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:42 pm

"Piers!" he heard someone calling. He wasn't used to their voices yet but he was guessing it was the loudest and most outgoing one of the group he had more or less befriended during the last week. He didn't turn around and just continued walking towards the main entrance as he passed some of the soldiers coming out of the building, either greeting him or just nodding towards him.
"Hey," the voice called for the BSAA member again and Piers finally stopped his stubborn walk, figuring he should have been a little bit nicer and less hardheaded to the entire group of survivors. "Dear god, you are easy to talk to!"
"What do you want?" asked the captain with his arms crossed after having turned around and having realized that it was indeed Miles who wanted to talk to him.
"Easy to talk to and polite!" answered Miles and caught his breath as he had obviously been jogging towards Piers in order to catch up to him. "Listen, folks back there are wondering why you're not coming. You know, joining us and stuff." Miles put his hands against his hips and turned around several times, apparently wanting to signalize Piers that they were in a hurry.
"Why are you joining?" asked Piers. He didn't understand that in the first place. Miles had coincidently come across the soldiers and a part of the group back in the city and ever since that meeting he was stuck with them.
Miles looked rather surprised and he tried to phrase an answer for a few times before he swallowed and lookde to the ground. "Don't know. I don't have any friends or anyone to be with so I figured it was a nice opportunity to get to know new people and ever since that one outbreak had started I finally have something to do again."
Piers now averted his eyes as well and sighed again. Would it really have been that bad to join them? He got along with them quite well. On the other hand he could've used the time to help humanity by cleaning the infected areas together with his BSAA team.
But then again that thought made him reflect on Carla's words once again. As much as she hated her, she has had some wise words to say before he had slit her throat like a coldhearted murderer he never had figured he could be. He thought about the group, the things that had happened, he thought about fate.
"Hey pal, I really don't wanna interrupt your busy mind or anything but could you say something?" Miles cut Piers loose from his thoughts.
"Oh yeah... sorry. You know what, I'm coming" answered the soldier and he pat Miles's shoulder as he walked past him and giving him a light smile before he was headed to the van, thinking it was unnecessary to change clothes or pack anything. Isabela would have told Harrison that they had to leave so he didn't bother about that either. Basically, he didn't even care at all anymore. May the world go to hell, he would always try his best to help where he could but it wasn't his job to save it and if 98 % of the world's population didn't cooperate, he wouldn't either.
"Oh? Why the sudden change of mind?" asked Miles and followed him back to the rest of the group.
"I think you guys are on the right track with that talk about fate. Maybe it is true" answered Piers and smiled towards the Raccoon City survivor.
"What about the outbreak? New York? Texas? The entire states?" Miles continued as they approached the black iron gates where the truck was parked at.
Piers stopped again, facing Miles directly. "There are enough soldiers, whether BSAA or army, that can take care of that. I believe there's no help anymore. Sure, you can always help survivors like you or the others if you have the chance to but look where this world is going, look what's happening. Carla was right. She may have had good intentions but she had a less justifiable way to achieve them."
Piers Nivans
Piers Nivans

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Road trip

Post  Richard Alpert Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 pm

*tap tap, taptap, tap tap*
Richard's fingers still drummed on the steer while his patience was run down as well. Suddenly he saw two figures walking towards the van, he recognized them as Piers and Miles. He jumped up from his boring thoughts and honked. The two looked at Richard as if he was insane and he just smiled and waved back like a lunatic, yelling "You came after all hmm Piers!?"
The two opened the van and stepped inside, whilst they were seated and everyone sighed relieved, they buckled up and Piers looked over to Richard. "What did you say? We only heard a distinct muffled shout." "Said that you came after all hmm?" he repeated but this time with a grin and a thumbs up. Piers just frowned and Elena chuckled, "Well off to Piero it is!" she then said, whilst everyone was already trying to get themselves more comfortable for the long hour ride. "Chicago it is," Richard then said pushing the gas and driving away. "Although, where is the Hound Pits Pub located?" he asked towards Miles, "I will tell you the way once we're in the city itself..." he answered, looking out the window once again.

After a little while the silence in the van was in a very killing atmosphere. Isabela yawned and looked over to the front seats, "Is there no radio?" she said leaning over and touching the volume knob. "NO! NOOO!" Richard and Elena yelled in choir whilst the irritating beep returned. "GOD DAMNIT!" Rubi yelled waking again from her slumber and everyone else just holding their ears again. "Other channel! Please!" Rubi begged and grunted in pain. "HOLD IT WAIT!" Isabela said pushing different buttons and luckily the beeping disappeared. "Oof, thank God!" Bridget said, massaging her ears from the sudden silence. "Well we've got music now, that's a start..." Miles mumbled. Unfortunately music wasn't to be heard, a distinct voice of a male reporter was heard. "Almost has reached the borders of California, President thinks it's useless to fight it." "What?" Elena said and turned the volume up, with everyone's breath inhaled for they might fear the return of the beep, but it didn't come back instead the male voice returned. "The infamous C-virus is let to believe to be unstoppable." he continued, leaving the group confused and even more panicked. "The BSAA is trying and doing everything they can." a familiar voice was heard "Harrison!" Piers and Isabela yelled, confused. "We've send out some of our best men over to the state of California already evacuating the people as we speak." The repoter's voice returned, "Thank you Mister Harrison of the BSAA, We will be back here with more news about the outbreak in a few minutes, please stay tuned. Back to the studio." "Alright thank you reporter Schultz for this amazing reportage now we are in for some good music folks-" Elena shut the radio off while everyone was just thinking about what they just heard on the radio. "It has almost reached California..." Richard mumbled, with guild in his voice. How could this be happening so fast? What had he done! Elena made a faint smile towards him and touched his shoulder. He knew she understood him, he knew she was givng him a comforting look, she will never leave him for this mistake he made, well the other one made. He sight slightly fixing his eyes on the road again and yet again, silence was returned in the van while they passed the sign of Chicago.
Richard Alpert
Richard Alpert
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Story telling

Post  Bridget McEvans Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 pm

"So these outbreaks... you have experienced quite a few in the past in this world haven't you?" asked Bridget to break the horrible silence after a while. A few of them had fallen back asleep on the trip that has been lasting for a few hours at this point. Bridget could only spot few cars on the highways, a few helicopters and planes were passing every once in a while but there weren't any zombies around. She figured it would take a little longer for them to leave the cities and search for food outside in the forests.
The nurse had no idea what a zombie apocalypse would look like in the real life. Sure, she's seen TV shows, movies, read books, in fact the setting of apocalypse and everything after had been interesting to her all her life. Was that a sign for the lives she may had lived before?
"Yeah, quite a few indeed" answered Isabela who was one of the few people on board the SUV who hadn't been asleep yet apart from Richard, of course, and Raylan. "Piers can tell you a lot of stories... Chris could've written a book about it. It all started with Raccoon City, which was one of the biggest outbreaks the world had suffered from until now but this... this is beyond my imagination."
"Huh, tell me about it," Raylan said after a while of listening what Bridget could see from the corner of her eyes. "You know, in our past lives, we have had some sort of outbreak, too. First it was zombies or something like it... and then the cyborgs came."
Bridget McEvans
Bridget McEvans

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Entering Chicago

Post  Raylan Givens Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Bridget shrugged and nodded, while the two mercenaries remained silent. It seemed they didn't actually wanted to continue their story, pain was seen from Piers' face, whom woke up after hearing the conversation. probably thinking back of the captain he lost, Raylan figured. Suddenly Richard Whispered from the front seat. "Guys, wake up Miles, we're in Chicago. I might need guidance now." he pulled over and gently woke up Elena whom mumbled and looked around "We there yet?" she asked confused. "Not yet sweetheart, but I need you to Swap with Miles now, so he can give me the directions." "Oh.." Elena said rubbing the sleep from her eyes and opening the door letting a cold breeze in. "Hey Miles, wake up..." Raylan said gently but he just woke up with a shock and a yell. "Shh! You'll wake the others!" Bridget hissed and actually the only one left sleeping was Rubi, whom always slept like a rock. her head moved a bit, but she kept on sleeping. After the doors were slammed shut and the two had switched places, Miles seemed to have a bit of trouble coordinating himself for a moment. "Ah, you drove in South," he said after a moment, looking around and it seemed he now knew where he was. "Alright, keep up straight until you see the famous skyline appearing closer." he said sarcastic, placing his foot on the dashboard and leaning back. "Seriously?" Richard said driving further, a bit grumpy. "Yeh well it's somewhere in down town Chicago, so."
The rest in the back just shook their heads and felt a bit disappointed that it might take up another hour, or so Raylan was.
Raylan Givens
Raylan Givens

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Grim days in a grim world

Post  Isabela Rivain Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Isabela was in a state of dozing. Usually she had no trouble sleeping no matter where she was, as a soldier, you were told to sleep when you can, where you can, because five minutes later, you might not get a chance to anymore for another hour or day, or week ...
She sighed quietly - it was Rubi who kept her from sleeping like she usually is able to. That woman snored louder than the engine of the little bus roared.
The weather outside was still a little grim but it hadn't rained ever since that last day when Carla had died. Been executed. Put before justice for her actions.
Isabela looked out the window. It was evening and the sun was setting and she saw some women, dressed obviously enough to be marked as prostitutes.
There were a few gangs wandering around, the deeper they got into the city. And the deeper they got into the city, the worse and bigger the traffic became.
People honked their horns, yelled and argued, complained loudly.
Carla was right.
And yet, glancing over to where he sat, next to her, looking out the window, right past her, right through her - she was still surprised to see him there. Piers.
She looked at him, knowing he wouldn't look back at her. He just kept staring out the window, his face the expression of stone. As always.
Isabela had never realized how much like Chris he looked. In his own way, anyways.
She smiled lightly and looked back out the window, her head leaning lightly against it.
Isabela Rivain
Isabela Rivain

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Slumbering Rubi and Bridget's in bikinis

Post  Rubi Malone Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:08 pm

"BEER!" with a loud gasp Rubi shot straight up in her seat and looked around.
Everybody else around her got startled and those who had been trying to sleep until now, now were giving it up completely, expressing their silent thoughts about Rubi's behavior in sighs and grunts.
"You okay?" Bridget next to her asked, wrinkling her forehead. "Bad dream?"
"You ... you ... you're not serving me beer in a bikini ... "
"Nope, I'm afraid I'm not, sweetheart."
"Damn ... oh well, back to the dream then," she grinned and turned her back halfway to Bridget, cuddling to the window, awkwardly. Bridget shook her head, it was a mystery to her how Rubi could sleep in this uncomfortable place.
"We gonna be there anytime, soon?" Bridget asked, knowing that hardly anything could disturb her friend next to her anyways.
Elena looked at her, shrugged and shook her head. According to Miles who was babbling away about left, right, left, or maybe straight?, he didn't know either.
"I suggest we find a motel, hotel, something, to stay over night. Get some food, a map, information. And tomorrow morning we go look for the place again," Isabela suggested, waiting for everybody's opinion on that.
Rubi Malone
Rubi Malone

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty This is not a pub? Nor a house?

Post  Miles Matheson Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 pm

"No, no, no I got this!" Miles yelled towards the back and everyone was quite startled with it. Isabela frowned and looked down in shame. Richard whom understood the 'no's' as he going the wrong way stopped and more cars behind him stood in line and honked. "God damnit!" he cursed looking awfully angry towards Miles. "What!?" he said back shrugging and nodding as in a sign he had to go forward. Back in his comfortable position, he tried to navigate again. "Alright left here, Ricko." he joked and only got a muffled grunt back from the taxi driver, whom turned left. "Second street right, or was it left? Nah go right." and he really enjoyed fooling them around, for he was waving with his arms as if he was a conductor. Later on the snoring of Rubi had returned and everyone else in the back was silenced and clearly getting sick of the, left, right, straight on's led by Miles. "And here we go!" he said at last while everyone was shook awake by the sudden stop Richard made. "This doesn't look like a house or pub at all..." Elena said looking out into the darkness that had fell over the city. "It's neither of those," Miles admitted. "look, it's a hotel! Surprise!" and he chuckled looking over to Isabela whom lightly smiled back and nodded in approval. Richard parked the car to a more appropriate place when the rest already made their way inside a place called The Red Roof Inn. "I know this place because it's near the Excalibur Nightclub" Miles said with a grin. "A nightclub hu?" Bridget said with a grin. "No, not because of that," Miles chuckled and said on a couch in the reception room. "It's because one of my favourite shows, Ghost Adventures, investigated there." and he winked over to the group whom just vaguely stared back. "Aha..." Piers said with a lightly sign of annoyance and sleepiness. "Interesting," Elena said while she already walked over to the reception counter to arrange the rooms.
She came back a few minutes later with two keys. "They don't have rooms bigger than four persons each so pick your sides!" she said like some sort of leader. "I'll take this one!" Rubi stood next to Elena. "And Richard joins us too!" she then said and stuck her tongue out. "Okay, one more!" Elena said with a little chuckle and Raylan stepped forward. "Count me in." He said before the lady with the eye-patch could go before him. "Pff, fine I'll go with them." she said in a slightly disappointed voice. Soon Richard joined them panting and sweating a bit. "I didn't knew you had to park like a hounded yards further!" and the group laughed in return, taking up the elevator and went to their so called required rooms to take a good night's rest.
Miles Matheson
Miles Matheson

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Someone to talk to

Post  Bridget McEvans Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

"Feels just like back in the other life" Bridget mumbled to herself as she proceeded to take her clothes off and get ready for bed. They were able to ready their packs the other night at the camp and were allowed to use as many things of the BSAA inventory as they would need, Piers had given them the OK.
The former agent put her backpack on some shelf next to the door of the tiny but comfortable looking hotel room. She was just about to take her black sweatshirt off when someone began knocking on the door. She let go of her shirt and took a look through the spyhole to see it was Rubi, scratching the back of her head while she glanced to the other end of the corridor.
Bridget smirked, she was happy to recieve some company for she didn't plan to sleep anytime soon anyway. The nurse unlocked the door, opened it and let her friend step inside.
"Good evening to you, too," said Bridget and watched Rubi walking right past her, laying down on the doublebed in her room. She closed the door again and proceeded to change clothes. "Something wrong?"
"Nah," Rubi responded as the blonde quickly undressed in front of her eyes, trying to find the nightshirt she had put into her bag before, all the way beneath everything else. And there was a lot in the bag. "I just wanted to talk to someone and the love birds don't exactly keep me company."
"So you figured you go on my nerves instead?" asked Bridget, smirking cheekily after finally having found her black shirt she swiftly threw over her body.
"Well I can leave," started Rubi and got up from the bed, making her way to the door, obviously hurt by Bridget's question. "I just thought you'd rather have someone to talk to instead of being here all alone but it seems like that isn't the case, so-"
Bridget grabbed her shoulders as she tried to pass her, and smiled at her. "It's alright, please do stay."
Bridget McEvans
Bridget McEvans

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Getting the hat back.

Post  Raylan Givens Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:38 pm

After a huge sigh and a nice shower, Raylan thought it was time for a short walk outside. Richard and Elena suspiciously agreed and so Raylan left for a small sip of air. The night life of Chicago was a busy life and still people walked or ran around into shops our leaving them. Suddenly he remembered the thing he asked before, and he went on the hunt for the thing he missed most. Hopefully there is a shop like that nearby. "...'scuse me ma'am?" Raylan held back a woman and she stared vaguely into the man's eyes. "Yes? How can I help you?" she said annoyed yet trying to sound polite. "Yes, well," he began looking around the streets filled up with people. "Is there any chance there's a hat store nearby?" The woman shrugged and looked around as well. "Only street I can recommend you to is that one over there," and she pointed west. "after three blocks you go right then two blocks later left. You might find what you're looking for there." the former marshal thanked her and went into the direction the woman told him to. Although what he saw wasn't really what he wanted. The horde of people slowly died down and it was impossible to believe that the woman actually led him to some kind of ghetto. Raylan sighed and shook his head with a grin. "Funny" he mumbled when a hooker came over to him. "Hey, handsome want a ride?" she said with a touch of innocence in her voice. "No I want a hat shop," Raylan hissed towards her making the prostitute frown and she looked scared for a moment, but then she got back in her own play. "Oh, I'm sorry, handsome. No hats here," an she came near. "Maybe I can provide you with something else?" Raylan's temper wasn't really getting better with her stupidity so he pushed her out of the way and left the dirty streets. "If ya found your hat, please come back!" she yelled with much hope in her voice, but Raylan just ignored her and walked away.
After countless amounts of trying to ask people where a decent hat shop was, he finally found it. Standing in front of it, he actually wondered if they had his Stetson, the exact same one he cherished and loved. At least he did in the other world. He got in, but it seemed this shop was about to close, sadly this was confirmed by the owner. "Sir, make it quick please. We're about to close." and he stepped from his counter already holding his keys. "Alright I'll come straight to the point." Raylan said leaning over the counter and looking right into the man's eyes who got slightly intimidated by it. "Sure, ask away." "You got by any chance a Silverbelly Stetson with a basket weave band?" the owner of the shop frowned and then chuckled, "Hold on boy, I'll need to check that! Seems you already have figured out by yourself that this particular hat suits you hm?" Raylan just raised his eyebrows and grinned. "I'll see what I got in the back." and the owner disappeared through the door. This gave Raylan a small chance to look around for himself. Sadly they had all sorts of hats in the showcases but not the exact replica of his. A sigh got out of the former marshal's mouth and he heard the owner rumbling around in the back. After a few minutes he returned with a brand new good looking box. "I hope this is the one you were looking for sir. And he opened the box. Raylan gazed inside and a small shock of trust and satisfaction went through his body. There is was, his hat! Well technically not his hat yet, but it was here! "How much?" he said still amazed and already grabbed for his purse. "$239.98" the owner replied. Raylan nodded, "You accept credit cards?" and he hoped it'll work in this place as well.

He went back to the hotel, feeling like himself as never before with a grin from ear to ear. He felt as if he was back in the old days, but then again, he wasn't. Midnight hour was passed already when he finally got back to the Hotel. He greeted the receptionist with tipping on his hat. This felt really good. It might have even gave him a 'marshal stiffie'. Raylan grinned thinking about that, for his chief Art Mullen once made that joke to him. Back at the room he knocked politely before entering. Elena opened the door and also looked rather surprised. "Raylan!?" she asked with amazement in her voice. "Richard look! Raylan has his hat back!" she said like it was the biggest change in the world. "Thank God!" he heard coming from the inside of the room, when footsteps were getting closer. "Now this is a sight I really missed!" he then said looking at Raylan and chuckling. "To be honest I am rather glad I found it myself." the former marshal said and touched his hat. He stepped inside. "I wasn't interrupting was I?" and Richard got a bit red. "No, no you weren't..." and Elena chuckled, making Richard even more red. "All righty then." and Raylan got to his bed and sat down. "Better get ready for the big day tomorrow." and the two agreed. "Good night!" he said, and turned his side of the lights off. "Night!" the duo answered and Raylan went to a troublesome sleep with the hat on the pedestal next to him.
Raylan Givens
Raylan Givens

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Reflecting

Post  Piers Nivans Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:26 pm

It was past midnight now as Piers took one of his countless looks on his watch that had a notilucent clock-face. He sighed and turned around once again, facing the big window and making the bright light of the fullmoon shine on face.
Isabela was quietly breathing next to him, her chest calmly moving to the rythm. As he looked her over, half of her perfect tanned body was covered with the thin sheets she had thrown over herself. If Piers didn't know she was a BSAA member, he wouldn't have guessed she could be anything like a soldier, as beautiful and innocent looking she was.
The more he looked at her, the more he started thinking about what had happened at the camp almost a week ago and before he could say knife he found himself stroking her soft cheeks once again. Her eyes seemed to shiver a little but maybe it was the dim lighting that played him tricks. He wiped away a few strands of hair that were hanging into her face as he continued looking at her. It would have been one awkward moment if she accidently woke up at this moment but he was enjoying the moment way too much to stop.
The calm soldier finally had the time and the patience to reflect on what he had felt for Isabela all the time. Her lips formed a little smile and he wondered if she could feel his touch in her dreams. Perhaps she had been awake all along even though he shuddered at the thought of it.
What was it that made him feel so attracted by her? It certainly weren't her looks let alone her bust measurement even though he was perfectly capable of appreciating a beautiful female body; no, it was something completely else. It was her sense of comradeship, the way she cared and the way she had tried to keep in with him ever since they had first met at the camp. It was her character and as cliché it might have sounded, it was her personality that made him like her the way he liked her. He appreciated her friendship, her help and her love to him.
Piers hadn't figured out if she had deeper feelings for him, if she really loved him, but if she did it would have broken his heart to tell her the truth. He had ever since tried to put the whole issue on the shelf.

Piers Nivans
Piers Nivans

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Some time alone

Post  Richard Alpert Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm

Richard lied in bed with Elena. It was pitch black and yet he still fell like shit on how Raylan interrupted their time together. Like forever it felt that they were alone again and had to spend time with each other, he missed her so much. Looking over to his right side he saw her sleeping like the most beautiful rose he ever saw. He smiled, then looked back at the ceiling thinking back about what had happened a few hours back.

~A few hours back~
"So, he left," Elena sighed letting herself fall on the bed and pulling out her shoes. "Pfoo! Feels good to have these off." and she sighed again looking over to the taxi driver whom just stared at her, smiling. "What?" Elena said with a smile back and crossed her arms behind her head. "Nothing, just... You look beautiful tonight." He was embarrassed by this sentence himself and even felt more like an asshole when Elena chuckled a bit. Richard went red around his ears and sat down on the bed where Elena was lying on. "Oh, Richard," she began still chuckling a bit. "You know by now that I already know this kind of flirting, you need to try something else!" and she smiled even bigger, almost daring Richard to go further than he did before. Now biting his lip, he bent forward and kissed the blonde woman whom slowly kissed back. She moved her hands away from her head and began to stroke through his hair. A few minutes later they found themselves strangled between each other heavily kissing each other in any place they could touch. No words were spoken only eye contact and smiles were exchanged. Richard slowly went down with his hands, and Elena let out a small pleasing sigh. "You want to go through with this?" she panted. When Richard just answered back with another kiss. He reached for her belt and loosened it. Elena was about to unbutton his blouse when suddenly a knocking was heard on the door. "Ah... No." Richard said and got up, letting Elena pass when she buckled her belt again and made her hair looking good again. Richard also buttoned his blouse again and Elena opened up the door. A small gasp was heard and suddenly Elena's voice echoed through the room. "Richard look! Raylan has his hat back!" she said. All Richard could think of was; 'God this is a bad timing!' As he fully buttoned his blouse he stepped up to the doorway. "Now this is a sight I really missed!" he then said looking at Raylan and chuckling.
And the rest, well... They just decided to go to sleep early. Raylan, if only you found your hat an hour later... Richard thought and sighed. He turned around, and with a lot of trouble he did find his sleep.
Richard Alpert
Richard Alpert
Admin

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Cheap Tequila and a small hotel room

Post  Rubi Malone Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:23 pm

She tried to hide the relieve she felt when Bridget held her back but didn't quite manage. A soft, happy smile spread over her face for only a second, but by Bridget's smile in return, Rubi could tell that she had seen it and more than that - knew its reason.
"How are you copying with all of this?" the black haired killer asked, after having sat back down on the bed with Bridget.
"Oh well, it's not like it's the first time that's happened to us. Different place, different enemy, but the same story. More or less."
Rubi nodded thoughtful, staring down at the floor for a minute or two.
That was probably the cleanest hotel they've stayed in for a while. Or ever. The floor didn't have stains, Rubi noticed awkwardly.
Bridget shifted a little on the bed and the movement made Rubi notice that the bed was clean, too. And soft. Softer even than her cheap couch back in Texas.
She grinned a little. "Remember that night you came over to visit? You even brought some Tequila. Really cheap one, I might add," Rubi turned her head to smirk at her blond friend, who grinned back in return. "Hey, I was visiting you after all," Bridget counter joked and they both laughed.
"And then we tried to shoot, drunk as skunks and we shot our pistols."
"And your shotgun!"
"And the machine guns. You almost hit your own foot with it!"
"Only because you distracted me!" Bridget defended herself, still smiling and her tummy aching a little from laughing over those good, old memories.
"Oh, I did, hm? And how exactly have I done that?" Rubi asked, smirking at her friend, feeling her heart beating faster.
Bridget looked down for a second, still grinning. Despite the darkness of the room, Rubi thought she saw her friend's pale cheeks blush lightly.
"You have some beer?" Rubi asked to interrupt the awkward silence.
Bridget looked around until she found the little fridge that was next to the small cupboard with the TV on it. With a few steps she was right at it and opened the door. The white light pouring through the room just the slightest and illuminating Bridget's face.
Rubi observed her the whole time.
"Lookie there!" the blond woman grinned victoriously and held up a bottle of Tequila. Cheap Tequila. And some beer in the other hand.
"I call that, a happy evening!" Rubi exclaimed and grabbed a couple of glasses.
"Since when do YOU use glasses, dear?" Bridget stopped her, grinning before she burst out laughing and they both just drank the booze out of the bottle.
Rubi Malone
Rubi Malone

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Moments like these

Post  Isabela Rivain Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Never had the soldier training done as much for her as in that moment.
The whole time she just laid still and controlled her breathing, just as they had taught her to. It felt good to feel Pier's strong hand caressing her cheek and hair so gently. It was a rare moment she, for no money or power in the world, would have interrupted by waking up. Or better - letting him know she was actually awake. Although she had a feeling that he knew. He always knew.
The memory of their night together at the soldier camp send pleasant chills through her body, down her loin and legs. It was hard not to stir her body, but she controlled it.
She loved Piers. But not in a way of relationship or marriage or anything like that. She cared for him, deeper than for anyone else. Even though she never really showed it, she felt more like him than he knew. Than anybody knew. Sometimes she wished she could show it the way he does. Be rough and strong. Let nobody come near you. But she was yet too weak for that. But on the other hand, she knew that her attitude helped him, just like his helped her. So different and yet so alike.
She admired his strength. His incredible strength to keep going. To remain true to himself and not lose his soul in the whole progress. To lose it in all this madness which they called life.
She sighed softly, knowing he could interpret it as her dreaming. But he knew. He always knew.
She opened her eyes just the slightest to look at his silhouette, which was all she could make out in the dark and the damp moon light, pouring through the single window in the room.
No, she was not in love with him. But he was everything. Brother, friend, lover, life. He was all she has ever had and all she would ever need. Someone to rely on, to be able to depend on. Someone who would not turn on her, someone who understood her without words but with actions. Actions like these. At this moment.
She slowly closed her eyes again and smiled. She reached out to grab his hand and hold it firmly yet gently, before she fell into a peaceful sleep.
Isabela Rivain
Isabela Rivain

Back to top Go down

It's Dangerous Business - Page 26 Empty Re: It's Dangerous Business

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum